Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Liquid: Working with volunteers

Doing certain photo shoots for advertising many times calls for a intuitive thinking. At times it's been luck combined with inspirational thoughts. This one evening at Liquid Martini Bar in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania turned out to be one of those nights which in turn provided one of my favorite images.
I never thought of myself as a really sociable person, but I found that in many photo shoots, interacting with others is a key, and I seem to do fairly well with that. This particular evening at Liquid while shooting for advertising with the Local Flair Magazine I came across a table of women who were out dining. I began chatting with them, and soon learned that they were there celebrating a birthday. I told them what I was doing and was inspired to ask them if they would like to help out. They were ecstatic about the idea, so I had the bartender make them up some of their showcase Martini's and I led them upstairs where I had an idea for an image that would work... as long as they could play the part.. 
The girls acted their parts well, and the shots came out great. Since then I have learned a little more about how to use the benefits of being sociable when out on certain photo shoots. I've incorporated folks from the general public quite a few times now with pretty good results..  ;)
(click on image for larger view)




No comments:

Post a Comment